Sunday, February 22, 2015

Restaurant Style Filet Mignon

I love steak! My absolute favorite cut is filet mignon. I typically prefer to grill my steaks, but when the weather is really cold, I opt to cook indoors. This method produces a very rich, juicy steak, which actually rivals grilling. It's important to use an oven safe pan, and one that will produce a great sear on your steak. It's quick, easy, and way cheaper than going to a restaurant!! My kids loved it so much that even my 2 year old had seconds! This steak goes great with mushrooms cooked in red wine sauce, which is a recipe I will be posting next week, so stay tuned :)




Here's what you'll need:

2 6-8 oz 1 1/2 inch thick filet mignon steaks
1 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp of olive oil
Montreal steak seasoning to taste
salt to taste
pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 400. Season your steaks to taste with salt, pepper, and Montreal steak seasoning. You don't have to use Montreal steak seasoning, and can use whatever you want, but it's my favorite, and it's quick!



Heat your pan on the stove and add the butter and olive oil.



Once the butter and olive oil are hot, add the steaks and cook for 2 minutes. Do not move them during this time, because you want to make sure to get a good sear.



After 2 minutes, flip the steaks and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.



Place the steaks in the preheated oven and cook for 6-8 minutes, depending on how you like them cooked. I cooked mine for about 7 minutes and they were a good medium rare. Carefully remove them from the oven and let the steaks rest for as long as you cooked them. Serve and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment