Sunday, January 18, 2015

Homestyle Meatloaf

When I think of comfort food, meatloaf definitely comes to mind. Meatloaf was one of my favorite meals as a child. I actually used to put the meatloaf in the center of my plate, top that with mashed potatoes, top that with corn, and then cover it all in A1 sauce. Needless to say, my palate has matured quite a bit lol. However, it still doesn't change the nostalgia I feel when eating meatloaf :) I have tried so many different recipes, but I could never replicate that familiar taste that I craved from childhood. I finally just started experimenting and have finally come up with this recipe, which my whole family seems to enjoy. In fact, there are only 4 people in my family, the youngest being 2, and we ate this whole meatloaf for dinner one night! Typically we have leftovers, so you know this was a hit!!


Here's what you'll need:

1 lb of ground beef
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of minced garlic
1/2 cup of italian bread crumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup of milk
1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp Worcestershire
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
ketchup (1/4-1/2 cup for the top, depending on how much you like)

Preheat your oven to 350 and combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except for the ketchup.


Mix the ingredients well, until everything is fully incorporated. Form into a loaf shape and put into a loaf pan.


Cook for 40 minutes and then remove from the oven. Coat the top and sides of the meatloaf with ketchup, then return to the oven for 20 more minutes.


Once the meatloaf is done, let it rest for several minutes. Cut and enjoy! I suggest serving this with mashed potatoes and a vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment