Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Peanut Butter Cup Fudge

Ok, so here we go. This is my first official blog post! I've been thinking about starting a blog for a couple of years now, but just never got around to it. I love cooking and doing diy projects. I can't tell you how many people ask for my recipes or instructions to replicate the things I've made. Hopefully this will be an easy way for everyone to get the information they want!!

It's the Christmas season (in case you haven't been in any stores lately) which is my favorite time of the year! Although I like to focus on making healthy food for my family, sometimes you have to splurge :) One of my favorite things to have around the holidays is fudge. Traditionally fudge has been pretty basic. However, the possibilities are endless. Combine fudge with my favorite candy of all time, Reese's peanut butter cups, and you have the most amazing combination ever!!



This recipe makes a lot, but it goes fast. So trust me, it's worth it! You can always halve it if you really want to.

Here's what you'll need:

1 bag of Reese's peanut butter chips
3 bags of milk chocolate chips
2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
24-48 Reese's peanut butter cups (the more, the merrier!)

Use a 9x13 pan and line the bottom with between 1/2 to 2/3's of the peanut butter cups. You can chop them in quarters if you want, or leave them whole. Melt the chocolate chips with 1 1/2 cans of the sweetened condensed milk. You can do this in the microwave or over the stove. If you use the microwave, do it in 30 second increments and stir so it melts evenly. If you use the stove, be careful you do not overcook it, and make your fudge tough. Keep the heat low and stir constantly. As soon as the chocolate is melted, remove it from the heat. A double boiler method works best! Pour the chocolate into the pan, over the peanut butter cups. Next, using the same method as you did with the chocolate, melt the bag of peanut butter chips with 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk. Pour over the chocolate and swirl with the peanut butter, if desired--it looks nicer that way :) Then, take the rest of your peanut butter cups and chop them in quarters. Sprinkle them on top and gently press them into the fudge. Refrigerate until the fudge is set, then cut into squares, and enjoy!!

Let me know any feedback you may have. I'd love to hear from you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment